Have you heard your 5 year old child saying ” I want to be an astronaut”? Have you ever wondered how to introduce children, at such a young age, to the world of space?
Well, NASA STEM Engagement program has slew of activities to learn and actively be a part of NASA. NASA STEM Engagement strives to involve children from grade K-12 in understanding NASA and latest developments.
For instance the High Flyers Alphabet Activity book for grade K-2 has been created to introduce several basic aeronautics terms for children in kindergarten through second grade. The A-Z activity and colouring book contains work puzzles, and enables children to learn new words about NASA’s Commercial Crew Program that will launch astronauts to space on American rockets.
Here are the links below for printable activity books. Children can be introduced to aeronautic terms at a very early age with these activity sheets. There are other activities and information available online.
Check out the link below as per the child’s grade:
- High Flyers Alphabet Activity Book- Math and Language Literacy for K-2 grade
- Commercial Crew A to Z Activity and Colouring Booklet Grade K-4
- Orion Printable A to Z Colouring Book (PDF) for Grades 3-10
- Orion A-Z printable book Grade 5-12
- Reading the ABCs from Space Grade 4-12
- NASA’s picture dictionary Grade 3-8
- Space Communications and Navigation (SCaN) A to Z Grade 7-12 (Printable trading cards)
- Asteroid Alphabet for Grades 7-12
- Learn About Planets Outside Our Solar System for Grades 5-12