We all somehow end up with overripe bananas every week and it’s never appealing to eat those brown spotted squishy bananas. And the one thing that magically appear with overripe bananas that I despise the most are the fruit flies!!!! So I refrigerate the overripe bananas till they are ready to be used for smoothies or baking.
Soft bananas never really excited me till I found these super easy healthy banana muffins that are a big hit with the kids. You can have piping hot muffins in less than an hour. And these store well for a week in the refrigerator. Just warm them up before you eat. These make healthy after school snack or a sweet treat to pack for lunch.
- Whole wheat flour – 1 1/2 cup
- Baking soda – 1 tsp
- Salt – 1/4 tsp
- Bananas – 3 ( big ones)
- Egg – 1
- Honey – 1/4 cup
- Yoghurt – 1/2 cup
- Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
- Olive oil or any oil – 1 tbsp
- Milk – 1 tbsp
- Chocolate chips – 1/4 cup
- Chopped walnuts – 1/4 cup
1. Mix all the dry ingredients except chocolate chips and walnuts in a bowl.
2. Add all the wet ingredients in a blender and blend to a smooth consistency.
3. Pour the wet into dry ingredients and mix with a spatula. It’s alright if you have tiny lumps. Then add in the chocolate chips and chopped walnuts.
4. Preheat oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit or 180 deg Celsius. Spray the muffin tin with cooking oil. Pour and bake for 20-25 mins.
5. If using a mini muffin tin, then the muffins should be done in 20 mins. You know it’s done when a knife or a toothpick comes out clean.
Happy cooking 🙂