You are going to love these super simple no-bake healthy cereal bars…
I began making these little treats when my daughter begged ( I mean literal hold my leg beg) for the cereal bars at the grocery store. Yes! our kids sure know the art of embarrassing their parents. I know I am not alone. But before this dramatic scene, I had given in to these store cereal bars several times with an unsettling mind but a heartfelt smile when you see your kids jump with joy as they cart the items. Now we just whizz past the cereal bar aisle with my daughter saying, “mommy can we go home and make yummy healthy bars and have mommy baby bake time”. SCORE!!
I make these in a flash and let her have not one but two squares without a blink. Also these make for a great on-the-go breakfast, after-school snack, playground snack or just snack-snack.
Enjoy making and eating them with your little ones.
- Rolled oats – 1 1/2 cups
- Whole grain Cheerios – 1 1/2 cups
- flaxmeal – 3 tbsp
- Chia seeds – 1 tbsp
- Dark chocolate chips – 1/4 cup
- Dry grated coconut – 2 tbsp
- Pinch of salt
- Honey – 1/2 cup
- Peanut butter( smooth) – 1/2 cup
- Coconut oil – 1 tsp ( optional)
1. Mix the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
2. On a low flame, melt the peanut butter, honey and coconut oil stirring continuously.
3. Pour the melted mixture into the dry ingredients. Mix well.
4. Now pour the mixture into a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
5. Press firmly using a flat spatula.
6. Now you could melt some chocolate chips and drizzle or just place some chocolate chips. Sprinkle some grated coconut.
7. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
8. Cut into squares or bars and enjoy.
9. Stores well for a week in a refrigerator.
You could add raisins or dried cranberries or sliced almonds, chopped toasted walnuts, white chocolate chips.
Happy cooking 🙂