Dr Divya Gorur, Dermatologist, SK Skin and Hair clinic
Fun facts :
– Skin is the largest organ of our body, protecting us from pollution, harsh temperature, and harmful chemicals.
– Skin helps in Vitamin D synthesis.
– The old skin cells are shed and replaced by new skin cells in 30-50 days!
Tips to healthy skin during summer:
1) Avoid direct sunlight at peak of the day, i.e noon (11 a.m to 4p.m). Play under the shade or shift to indoor games.
2) Apply a sunscreen on face and hands. Lactocalamine is a safe physical sunscreen available over the counter for children of all age. If you develop itching or rash on exposure to sunlight don’t hesitate to consult your doctor.
3) Keep cool and eat cucumber! Drink lots of water. Cucumber, tomato, watermelon, orange keep your skin healthy and hydrated. Fruit juice, buttermilk, lemonade are a must in summer to replace the water and salt lost in sweat.